Best Buy asks: Would you buy an Apple TV?
Electronics retail behemoth Best Buy has sent a survey to some customers asking if they would potentially buy a 42-inch Apple-brand HDTV that would use your iPad or iPhone as a remote control for $1,499.
More than just speculation, the survey goes into detail telling the customer, “Be one of the first to get the all new 42″ Apple HDTV at Best Buy for $1,499. Apple finally reinvents what a TV can do.”
Features included are:
- 42″ 1080p LED flat panel display
- Incorporates Apple’s operating system (iOS) found in its current Apple TV set top box which allows you to purchase and stream movies and other entertainment from the internet
- Download and use apps from the App Store. Can you imagine playing Angry Birds on a big screen in your living room?
- Supports Apple’s new iCloud service for storing your movies, TV shows, and music content that you’ve purchased from iTunes and mean them to your Apple HDTV.
- Use your iPad or iPhone as a remote control, and do everything from controlling your TV, to purchasing new shows and swapping content between your Apple devices and the iCloud service.
- Built-in convenience with built in iSight camera and microphone for Skype.
- In addition to iTunes, stream content from popular sites such as Netflix, YouTube, and flickr.
- Available for $1499
While this is just Best Buy speculating on what future sales they might pursue, Best Buy is large enough that they have been known to ask companies for specific products. Of course Apple is considerably larger than Best Buy at this time.
A few clues as to how this can’t be a real product is the iSight isn’t something Apple has used in a long time, and they would most definitely opt for Apple’s own FaceTime over the competing Skype.
What do you think? Would you buy an Apple HDTV as specified?