CDW is a leading provider of technology products and services for business, government and education. They have asked us to take a look at their Data Storage Management and Virtualization Solutions.
Data Storage Management and Virtualization is a suite of services that safeguards data and efficiently manages its storage, using highly specialized data storage computer systems, disks, software and technology. When an organization uses a solution like this, it ensures that their data is easily accessible, safeguarded and seamlessly stored in an environment that was specifically designed for storage optimization.
With company data being one of the most, if not the most critical resource of today’s businesses, many companies are choosing to allow the experts to manage their storage on these highly specialized systems, decreasing in-house administration, software licensing and hardware costs.
- Storage Area Networks (SAN); storage systems with specialized disks and hardware that are connected via ultra-fast networking, allowing for quick storage and retrieval of data, along with other specialized features such as fault tolerance and redundancy, which are used to keep your data protected and highly available.
- Blade Servers; minimalistic, compact, low-profile servers that conserve data center space and power. These can easily be integrated with a SAN solution to provide an optimal storage solution with a small server side footprint.
- Storage Management Software; intelligent software that automatically manages storage system data and optimizes it using a variety of techniques, including file compression to save space, data distribution across various physical disks, data availability optimization, access optimization and other features.
- Archiving Software; used to backup and archive data to tape storage or other backup and archival storage mediums.
- E- Discovery Software; specialized tools that can analyze and search through millions of documents and other data for you, eliminating the need for a time consuming, manual search process for data finding and analysis.
- Data De-duplication; specialized software that searches out duplicate data and eliminates the physical storage of duplicates, using logical pointers instead. This conserves the storage space used and can greatly reduce the amount of disks and storage systems required.
- Data Storage Virtualization; specialized software and hardware used on the storage virtualization systems. Block virtualization allows for data to be accessed without regard to the physical storage structure. File virtualization gets rid of dependencies between file level data access and the physical storage location. These virtualization techniques allow for storage optimization, server consolidations and non-disruptive data migrations, among other benefits.